RTN is proud to release technical documents to the industry, created by Restaurant and Supplier Members after uniquely collaborating in virtual think-tank style Workgroups. After a period of time, sometimes more than a year, Workgroups finalize technical guidance, best practices and industry standards aimed at helping restaurants innovate faster.
Access to these documents are available to the industry unless noted as Member-Only. RTN members receive first-rights access to the complete collection of documents, which can found by logging in.
For changes to any of the technical documentations below, email [email protected]. We ask that you provide the feedback you have for the document an we will engage the Key Contributors for that standard to review.
RTN Technical Documents are evolving and may require updates and edits over time. As you review the tools, if you see any areas that need to be updated, edited, or added to, please use the button to complete our feedback form. Once received the RTN team will review it with the tool's Key Contributors for consideration.
Official RTN Standards
- Open API FrameworkDefines API architecture for the restaurant industry, provides public avenue for adopting best practices & offers data dictionary for the most common integration needs
- Restaurant Technology Capabilities FrameworkAllows restaurant technology stakeholders to speak a common language by defining functional areas, capabilities, and use cases for restaurant solutions. Identifies relationships between systems and business processes.
- Restaurant Menu Synchronization SpecificationAn industry benchmark for communicating menu data between systems and partner entities
- Customer Record Data StandardCreated to alleviate complications related to collecting fragmented Customer profiles, managing customer data , maintaining data integrity, understanding customer behavior
- Transactional Data StandardRestaurant transactional data, whether financial, marketing, or operational, makes up the basis for a modern, data-driven company, but many restaurants do not have access or simply cannot ingest this data to make meaningful decisions.
- Restaurant Technology KPIsStandardized KPIs represent the industry’s first robust collection of 100+ key performance indicators (KPIs), covering six broad categories: sales, marketing, product, labor, operations, service, and financials and indexed by organization type.
Fast Match & Other Tools
- Survey: Open API Framework AdoptionTool for evaluating technology solutions, ideal companion to any FRP process
- FAST MATCH: Contactless TechnologiesMembers-Only ContentQuickly uncover best-fit customer-facing contactless delivery solutions
- FAST MATCH: Contactless PaymentsMembers-Only ContentQuickly uncover best-fit contactless payment technology solutions for your restaurant
- Native Delivery: TCO CalculatorMembers-Only ContentNative, Delivery as a Service (DaaS) & Third-Party
- Restaurant Cybersecurity OperationsHow to help restaurants structure security operations, as well as predict, prevent, detect and respond to cybersecurity attacks.
- POS Security Implementation Best PracticesMembers-Only ContentFormer, Current and Future State Guidance, Vendor Risk Assessment
- Buyer's Guide & RFP: POSMembers-Only ContentProcess Driving Procurement, Integration Considerations, Evaluation Criteria, Checklists & Tips, and Labs, Pilots & Final Awards
- Reclaiming DeliveryMembers-Only ContentA companion guide to RTN's Native Delivery: TCO Calculator, with best practices and checklists
- Off-Prem PlaybookTech Tips, Checklists & Optimize Off-Prem Dining
- CCPA & Data PrivacyRestaurant Q&A, Top 10 Things To Do Now, Insights from Experts
- COVID: Restaurant Resource GuideCurbside, Delivery, Payments & Packaging
- Native Delivery: TCO CalculatorMembers-Only ContentExplainer Video
- Labor & Technology Mgmt. StrategiesConfronting challenges related to labor sourcing, retention and overall operational efficiencies.