RTN is proud to release technical documents to the industry, created by Restaurant and Supplier Members after uniquely collaborating in virtual think-tank style Workgroups. After a period of time, sometimes more than a year, Workgroups finalize technical guidance, best practices and industry standards aimed at helping restaurants innovate faster.
Access to these documents are available to the industry unless noted as Member-Only. RTN members receive first-rights access to the complete collection of documents, which can found by logging in.
For changes to any of the technical documentations below, email [email protected]. We ask that you provide the feedback you have for the document an we will engage the Key Contributors for that standard to review.
Official RTN Standards
- Defines API architecture for the restaurant industry, provides public avenue for adopting best practices & offers data dictionary for the most common integration needs
- Allows restaurant technology stakeholders to speak a common language by defining functional areas, capabilities, and use cases for restaurant solutions. Identifies relationships between systems and business processes.
- An industry benchmark for communicating menu data between systems and partner entities
- Created to alleviate complications related to collecting fragmented Customer profiles, managing customer data , maintaining data integrity, understanding customer behavior
- Restaurant transactional data, whether financial, marketing, or operational, makes up the basis for a modern, data-driven company, but many restaurants do not have access or simply cannot ingest this data to make meaningful decisions.
Fast Match & Other Tools
- Tool for evaluating technology solutions, ideal companion to any FRP process
- Members-Only ContentQuickly uncover best-fit customer-facing contactless delivery solutions
- Members-Only ContentQuickly uncover best-fit contactless payment technology solutions for your restaurant
- Members-Only ContentNative, Delivery as a Service (DaaS) & Third-Party
- How to help restaurants structure security operations, as well as predict, prevent, detect and respond to cybersecurity attacks.
- Members-Only ContentFormer, Current and Future State Guidance, Vendor Risk Assessment
- Members-Only ContentProcess Driving Procurement, Integration Considerations, Evaluation Criteria, Checklists & Tips, and Labs, Pilots & Final Awards
- Members-Only ContentA companion guide to RTN's Native Delivery: TCO Calculator, with best practices and checklists
- Tech Tips, Checklists & Optimize Off-Prem Dining
- Restaurant Q&A, Top 10 Things To Do Now, Insights from Experts
- Curbside, Delivery, Payments & Packaging
- Crowdsourced Photos, Creative Concepts & Easy to Browse
- Members-Only ContentExplainer Video
- Confronting challenges related to labor sourcing, retention and overall operational efficiencies.